MIAMI, FLORIDA, March 20th 2020
During these disruptive days we wanted to inform you that GLT is fully operational and we will continue to provide all of our services to our customers. Our team is committed to support you as we ride out this situation together.
Here are some tips to keep in mind for your upcoming shipments:
1. Before you schedule a shipment, make sure there is personnel available at the pick-up and delivery location to prevent incurring extra charges.
2. Most trucking companies in our network are operating normally, but some are being very cautious and are taking certain actions for drivers’ safety.
3. The Proof of Delivery (POD) will not be signed in order to minimize contact. Instead, drivers will write down the contact information of the person receiving the freight.
4. Residential deliveries and white glove services continue as scheduled but freight is being delivered at the front door or the garage instead of inside the building to minimize contact.
5. Delays in delivery may be expected. Make sure to ship your freight in enough time, preferably 1-2 days in advance.
6. Communication with terminals and drivers has been more difficult. Please be patient. Our team is on top of every detail of your shipment and will get back to you with information and answers ASAP.
7. Hours-of-service (HOS) regulatory relief has been issued by the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). This relief will be offered to commercial vehicle drivers transporting emergency relief.
If you’d like to receive more information, please contact email@example.com or call 1 (888) 409-2188.